TENTH ANNIVERSARY!

Details and discussion about our current walks
Julian
Site Admin

TENTH ANNIVERSARY!

Post by Julian » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm putting this post on Facebook and here simultaneously to try and reach everyone! The exact details will be posted shortly, and James will post those in a different post. For now, just need to get an idea of numbers for the after-party.

Thanks!

TENTH ANNIVERSARY!!!!

On St. George's Day in April 2007 Richard May set up Norfolk Young Walkers Group. After years of arguments, walking and gossip it became Hike Norfolk, but it has retained its underlying charm throughout the last decade.

Some of us have hardly changed in ten years, either in appearance or in terms of growing up, whilst others have seen their beards go entirely grey.
During the ten years we've had trips to Snowdon, Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike, the Lake District, eight trips to the Seven Sisters, Luxembourg, France, the Peak District, Cornwall, Kent and tens of others. We've walked all over Norfolk, and had a great time doing it!

It's been great to meet so many wonderful people over the years and we want to celebrate our tenth anniversary in some style! The event will be held on 23 April 2017 and it will kick off with a walk kindly led by James, 10.5 miles around Old Buckenham and Banham (exact details TBA near the event in true Hike Norfolk style). We shall be walking at a relaxed pace (sorry Clive).

In the afternoon there is a little get together in the area, courtesy of one of our loveliest and kindest members since we're using her house and grounds! We will provide some food and soft drinks, but if people can bring their own alcohol and anything else they want. Food provided will include vegetarian options, anything else (ie, dietary requirements which need to be considered), could people let me know. It'll be simple food, some pre-cooked item, crisps, cakes, sandwiches, crisps, chicken bakes, salads (urgh), and so on.

There will even be speeches! Richard will talk for 30-seconds about something, and then I shall speak for considerably longer. I think that is the best way of doing things.

All of our members are, of course, very welcome. But so are our former members, those who have moved on, moved away, or whatever. Could everyone send invites to friends and previous members they know to tell them about this event? It'd be great to see some old faces who were instrumental in the group becoming what it is today, which is still the smallest group in Norfolk Area Ramblers. But we have big dreams!

I'm posting this on the Hike Norfolk Facebook page as well, but could everyone who is likely to come please post below. We're not really needing to know numbers for the walk, just for the after-party.

Thanks - and I hope to see lots of people there. So post away if you're coming (no need to post twice if you've already posted on Facebook, or vice versa).

Julian.

James Legg

Re: TENTH ANNIVERSARY!

Post by James Legg » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 pm

Yes indeed. I will be there and I will post up the walk, that starts at 10am on the day, in due course. (I have some bits still to recce). ;)

Sarah Perry

Post by Sarah Perry » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Helloo :)
Wouldn't want to miss this! I'll be there :D

Julian
Site Admin

Post by Julian » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:45 pm

We're now up to 14 confirmations, any more people wanting to go? :)

lutteral

Post by lutteral » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Yes I will be there Julian and to cap it all its my birthday on 24 th Terry

milly

Post by milly » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello, I would like to come on this walk and would be grateful of a lift from either Thickthorn or Mulbarton if possible. Thank you, Emily Burkitt

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

I'll join you all on this walk and the after party! :mrgreen:

Julian
Site Admin

Post by Julian » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Excellent! I think we now have around 20 people going, which is very exciting!

Happy birthday Terry in advance :)

Can anyone give Emily a lift? Clive and I are going earlier on to help eat all the food, I mean prepare.

Julian.

RosemaryMoore

Post by RosemaryMoore » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:32 pm

I'll be there :)